Thursday, July 28, 2011

The bounty of summer...

I LOVE cooking in the summer.  The vegetables are fresh, the fish is just off the boat, and cold food is the order of the day.  So, tonight I am making fresh peach and cherry salsa with homemade cinnamon chips, italian chicken pasta salad, and Muenster Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches.  It isn't fancy, but it is oh so good!  Turn on the summer hits of yesteryear, turn down the A.C. and pull your kids into the kitchen for a fun, easy-to-make meal.  Jack and Victoria will be in charge of pitting the cherries and peaches once I've cut them, Mixing the pasta salad ingredients once they've been cooked and Sprinkling the cinnamon on the tortillas before they're baked.  They love helping and it makes them so much more willing to try new things.  I'll post pictures as we make progress and let you know how it goes in the morning!
As a side note:  Tomorrow some of our favorite people are coming to town before we all head to the beach. I truly love cooking for large groups and ministering to tummies.  It is one of my love languages!  I've got something special and yummy up my sleeve!

No comments:

Post a Comment